Wednesday 19 January 2011

Evaluation - Question 2

My Digipak 




My Advert 



Both my advert and digipak have strong links with my music video, throughout my music video there is a recurring theme of lips which is also portrayed in my advert and digipak, I chose to make lips a key aspect to both my digipak and advert as it heavily featured in then music video.


screen shot from music video                                                                             



It was important to choose and artist that reflected both the genre of the song and the music video itself. The artist's name my self and my group chose was Blaze. We felt this fitted perfectly with the genre, sub genres and music video and most importantly that image. The word blaze is also featured in the video when the artist is sitting on the wall, the word blaze is graffitied on the wall behind her. 

Screen shot from music video


For the images used on my digipak I wanted them to be simple, as the shots of the "Blaze" featured in the music video were simple I felt this would best fit in with the media conventions. I took one picture form the video, which was used behind the pannel for the disk. The other image I took, up against a white wall. The background had to be white as i put a white brick wall behind the image. The images of the lips i got form google, i chose to use an image from youtube rather than take one or take one from the video because i felt they looked better on the digipak and advert. 


Screen shot from music video 



 I think it is really for the audience to recognise a strong link between the music video and both the print products, it is easy to create a link between the three products. To do this i had to make sure all products fitted in with the genre conventions and follow a theme which i successfully achieved. The clear links are the recurring lips, and the name of the artist which is featured in all three products. I used the same fonts, colours and sizes for the fonts for both print products, to continue the theme. I think both my main and ancillary texts are successful They both relate strongly with the music video, they both convey an image for the artist and get the information across clearly.  I think the target audience would be attracted to them, the colours are very bright and the images are very attention grabbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment