Tuesday 4 January 2011

short list of fonts, colours, layout and design ideas

Colours:


My plan is to only use about four colours as I dont want to make my album cover too crazy. These will be black, white, yellow and pink as they will stand out but also sit together nicely.

Fonts:


using graffiti on my digipak is an option but I feel that this has been done before and I am not sure if i want to follow the conventional - graffiti to connotate underground music scene.


here are some fonts I have looked at using;






I like all of these fonts and feel they would compliment the digipak and make it individual. I will not use these big fonts for all the writing I will use smaller simpilar fonts for the less important information so not to overcrowd my digipak.

Layout:

On the front cover of my digipak I plan to have a photo of our artists face with red lips, fake colourful eyelashes and big hoop earings which are all connections with the video. However it isn't a normal photo taking inspiration from David Hockney I have decided to make the face out of a collage of photos much like this one:



On the back cover I would like a photo of the aritist standing up which i will write the names of her song s alongside. The backcover will also have all the conventional things such as a barcode, production and label information and a website.

The left inside panel will be a page for thankyous this will be fairly plain mainly focusing on the writing. On the right hand side where the C-D will sit it will also be plain. The C-D will have the aritists name on it and will be a different colour from the background of its casing to make it standout.

No comments:

Post a Comment